Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wk 1 Publishing/Leadership Project

Where do I want to go today?  That was a question I loved to ask when I was a teenager, riding my horse.  I could go anywhere as long as I was home before dark.  So, now I have to decide where to go with my action research project. 

The first situation has actually nearly been decided.  My music teachers colleagues want me to share with them all of the wonderful things I've learned since attending Full Sail.  I suppose that would be the  easiest place would be to start with my AR Project to demonstrate to them the possibilities that exist. 

The next instance would be to share with the faculty of my building.  My attendance at Full Sail will require that I complete a demonstration of what I've learned as part of completing my professional development requirements. 

From there, who knows.  I had aspirations of getting "published" when I started this whole thing.  Perhaps I could write an article for our state music educators magazine about my experiences and what I learned about technology and music in the elementary classroom.  There is such a need for research in the elementary music area.  There is just very little that I have found that is out there.  Most of it is geared for early childhood (ages 3-5) or middle/high school.  However, it's the elementary students who will be the next generation to use technology like we've never seen.  We need to research NOW on how to engage them in technology and learning in their classes and balance the new and the traditional.  My concern is this:  is the research good enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment