Thursday, May 26, 2011

MAC_Wk4_BP#5_Think-out-loud

The rough draft of my Publishing/Leadership project is done.  What I thought was going to be short and sweet turned out to be 5000 plus words!  As far as I can tell, I think I could actually submit it to a proper research journal.  Then again, it will need to be hammered on and corrected and improved.  But that's ok.  So I have opted to submit my project to one of the research journals in MENC.  I wasn't sure that I should, but since there is such a scarcity of American elementary music education research, I decided good or bad, I should do my part to alleviate that problem.  I was amazed at the lack of research that does not exist for general music education at the elementary level.  The typical research is for ages 3-5, or middle school aged and upward.  Then, most of the research that does exist is from other countries.  This may be a whole new realm of possibility for the future.  A doctorate in psychology or neuroscience and then research on elementary aged music students....did Full Sail create an education monster?  

sources:  www.menc.org
MENC logo is used for educational purposes only.  

No comments:

Post a Comment