Saturday, October 23, 2010

PE_2_Google_GarageBand_iMovie

As I continue to work on my projects, I started with iMovie.  I took screenshots of my iGoogle and Google docs and inserted them into iMovie.  I adjusted the length of each clip using the inspector, in an effort to create a uniformed length of clips.  I also inserted transitions in between each clip to visually mark the changes into the next section.  See a screenshot that will be in my final video. 

Since I chose the theme of cartoon for my introduction and transitions, I used a similar effect on the clips through the clip inspector.  Once all that was completed, credits added, etc.  I made note of the total length of time the video lasts.  This step was in preparation of creating “my song” in Garage Band. 



From the length of video, I determined how much time was required for my music.  I then chose the style, key and elements that I wanted in my piece.  I put them together, deciding on length, form and interest.  As it was compiled, it was important to review often how it all fit together so it made “musical sense.” 


The final garage band piece turned out to be 2 minutes in length, twice the length I needed.  However, now that it is created, I can use it in other situations if desired.  

Come back next time to take a listen to my tune and see my  final post PE_3_GoogleDocs_GarageBand_iMovie.  I hope it puts a little groove in your step!  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment